Monday, September 22, 2008

The Nightmare Realized

Yup. Even the CSI guys in white bunny suits couldn't recover any data from my crashed hard drive. Apparantly, it had a head crash. The read-write arm broke and when it did, it caused physical havok to the data, totally ruining any chances for recovery. I wonder how many times poor David at DataSavers has had to listen to a choked up customer when he's given them the bad news. Poor guy.

Some good news. I can buy a back up CD of the photos I placed on Photobucket. My chums on pregnancy.org know that was quite a few. Mind you, all I've lost is stuff since Maryn's birth. All of Kai's baby pictures are safe in an external hard drive.
I put about 400 pictures of Maryn on Photobucket because I was intent on sharing with friends and relatives. Then I started this blog and stopped using Photobucket so much. Erg.

Other good news. I've bought a new laptop. A Gateway with 3MB of RAM, 250GB on the hard drive and an Intel Duo 2 processor. I can pick it up on Wednesday. I'm psyched about that.

And FYI, Mozy.com will back up unlimited amounts of data for $4.95/mo. Automatically too. I'll be subscribing to their services.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Good news about photobucket but crap about the rest of it. HUGS