Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Disaster

My hard drive crashed the night before last. I was happily getting ready to do some digital scrapbooking, something I haven't had the time or energy to do in a long time, and suddenly, my laptop started making weird noises and the screen froze. Terrified, I turned off the machine. When I turned it on, a startling message displayed: "Operating system not found." OMG. When I took it into the computer wizard, he turned it on, listened and said, "Ohhhhhhhhh, that's not good." And he went on to say that chances of getting anything off the hard drive are against me. I'm distraught. I hadn't back up photos since Maryn was born. I told myself I had to do it a million times but always forgot. I have quite a few of the best ones on Photobucket, thankfully, especially those precious ones right after her birth. Prayers, thoughts and crossed fingers would be much appreciated. Virtual hugs too.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Thinking of you! I

HUGS!

Kristin said...

OMG! I hope that you can get the pics back.

kirimarie said...

Oh, Birdie, what a heartwrenching feeling. I hope they can salvage at least some of the data for you!

Anonymous said...

oh man.... I am SOOOOO SORRY! Lots of virtual hugs for you right now. I have just a sinking horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach just imagining what you are feeling. I have heard of wonders and miracles done on crashed hard drives though! will pray for one for you too!!!!

Sadie said...

Oh my. I truly hope you can get it working again.