Saturday, November 8, 2008

Why?

Ah.......Kai has finally started to ask "Why?" I wondered when this stage would arrive. Here are some conversations of late.

"Kai, I have to go to work now."
"Why?"
"So you can go to Harvard."
"Oh."

"Kai, I have to go vote."
"Why?"
"So we can have a new president."
"Oh."

I love the "Oh" part. At least is hasn't evolved into the neverending why conversation....yet.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh just wait. It gets better. I got " mommy why doesn't the ocean evaporate and dry up"? followed by "what would happen if it did"?

Tracey said...

Too cute. Christopher will be at MIT ;) He just unrolled a 45 foot ethernet cord and was playing with a spare hard drive. Hope you're doing well!

kirimarie said...

When is he going to ask why you don't post about him on your blog more often?!?! Love hearing about you all.